4.12.2013

A TRUE STORY

I haven’t written in a while. We've had a lot going on, which is a good thing. And sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to be living and working in a tropical paradise that inspires me to make photos every day. I'm also very lucky to have a wife who is always there to provide simple values, special thoughts, and a mountain of happiness. So here is a quick share of an interesting story about the photo below.

Here goes … a tourist named Bill who was vacationing in Barra de Navidad came into our gallery this last week and enjoyed my photography ... which is so nice to hear! So this is what happened ... he said, “I appreciate your photography and would like to buy one to take back home with me to Vancouver, Canada.” I said, "SURE.” I'm always happy when someone likes my photography and even more so when they want to purchase one to take home. So he picked out a small landscape photo of the beach-front in Barra de Navidad. However there's a catch to this … he wanted it much larger to hang over his couch (which was about 6 feet long). I said, “we can print another one larger and you can take it rolled up in a tube on the plane.” He said “no thank you, I prefer taking it home mounted like the other photos in your gallery." Well now, I had to give this some thought! It’s at this time we both started thinking more and coming up with creative ways to take it home. First he wanted the photo split into two mounted panels, but they would be too large (based on what he wanted) and not easy to transport … so this isn't gonna work. We finally decide on 3 mounted panels so he can either carry them on the plane or put in his large luggage that he would measure before I make everything. I then sent him an email with a photo of what the 3 completed panels would look like. He loved it so much that he asked me to make a duplicate one for his aunt to take home also. I responded with another, "SURE!!!" So the next few days I spent making everything to fit the specs. They both loved the finished photo panels.

The photo below is what we came up with (it just fits in his/her large luggage or carry on). And to top off this story … Bill came back just before heading home and purchased 4 more small photos that were also mounted. True story ... pretty cool!


Stay tuned for my next blog with photos from Ken and Rhonda’s wedding.

Seas the day,
Robert Hansen


I LOVE TELLING VISUAL STORIES WITH MY CAMERA
Let me shoot you …
available for projects worldwide


CONTACT INFORMATION
Email: rhfotografo@gmail.com

To: rhfotografo.com

All photos copyright © Robert Hansen

1 comment: