10.06.2014

A DREAM COME TRUE

Some friends just arrived in Barra from Canada and asked if I'm still writing my blog ... and the answer is yes. Sorry it's been all summer since the last time I wrote. Crazy how time flies when you're having fun. So I figured it was about time to get back on here and let folks know what I'm up to down here in Barra de Navidad, Mexico.

The summers down here in Barra are hot and tropical. The pace of doing things and getting them done slows way down because of the weather. The tourist are few and our gallery is slow(er). However, I try to think of it as "slow but sure." Our gallery and photography services still seem to do projects and events and we make do and survive the slow times while trying to stay cool(er). My wife and I always find or make the time to enjoy life together. We also just decided to make a few changes and move our gallery one block away from our present location and onto our own property. This move was prompted by the passing of Rosy's uncle who lived on the same property we live on (we live in the home in the back and he lived in the home in the front facing the street). So we have decided to remodel his home and use it as our new gallery. We will be losing a good location on the main street in Barra, but we will gain a big garden area and patio for exhibition openings, receptions, and entertaining ... along with an open air room to use as a studio or multi-use room. The design will be traditional with a large mexican brick patio, lawn, and rustic structures. As I write this we are wearing our hard hats and working away. All systems go! With our hopes that the community will keep embracing us at our new location that should be open in about a month (please, spread the word :). I will make sure I let everyone know when our GRAND REOPENING will be.

Let me also add ... this new location reminds me of a dream I once had many years ago. The dream was vivid and it took place in a large garden environment where people came to relax, enjoyed the arts (or photography, or music), and were treated to a peaceful environment with tropical flora ... all while celebrating the gift of creativity. So I'm excited and so is my wife Rosy (she's the plant expert and keeper of our wonderful garden).

The photos below are a mixed bag of surfing, skimboarding, a few event photos, a shot of the governor (who came again to Barra this last summer), and some travel/street photos. I've also posted a few photos of the remodeling (in progress). More photos of our progress will come later.

And last but not least ... one of the first things I did while beginning the remodeling was to separate the new gallery area (public-ish area) from our private home area in the back of the property then I made a sign out of recycled wood for my wife and bestowed a new name for our home, "CASA ROSY" ... and she loved it.

Enjoy and love ya'll ...






























Location: Barra de Navidad, Mexico

Seas the day,
Robert Hansen


I LOVE TELLING VISUAL STORIES WITH MY CAMERA
Let me shoot you …
available for projects worldwide

CONTACT INFORMATION
Email: rhfotografo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment